Joseph Joseph’s LockBlock Self Locking Knife Block locks knives safely inside the block and requires an adult-sized hand to operate it, meaning that most children aged 5 and under will be unable to remove any knife*.
As each knife is placed inside a knife slot, its blade is held securely by the unique self-locking Cam-lock™ mechanism. Pulling on a knife only increases the force of the grip so knives cannot be simply forced out of the block, even by adults. Worried about damaging your expensive knife blades? You won’t need to as LockBlock has smooth rubber grips and surface, so the mechanism inside won’t damage your expensive knife blades when someone tries to forcibly take it.
To remove a knife from LockBlock the release button, situated conveniently on either side for left and right-handed operation, needs to be firmly pressed. But due to its position and the force required to press it, only someone with an “adult-sized hand” can do this. It should be pretty safe for children five years old and under due to their small hands, even if they figure out that it releases with a push of the button.
Although I wish the release button could have hidden to make it indiscernible to curious kids trying to figure out how to pry the blades off, it is still a pretty clever, albeit flawed, solution for keeping the kids off sharp objects.
- Innovative, universal knife block
- Child-Proof mechanism; knives lock securely into base
- Fits most standard kitchen knives; knives not included
- Block has smooth rubber surface; won’t damage knife blades
- Wipe block clean with damp cloth
* Amazon is selling it at a discount, but for your peace of mind, all items purchased on the Joseph Joseph website are guaranteed against manufacturing defects for a period of 12 months from the date of purchase, unless otherwise stated. If a manufacturing defect is found, Joseph Joseph will be happy to repair or replace your product, including all delivery charges.
|Current Price||$32.99||8th May 2018|
|Highest Price||$51.95||11th April 2018|
|Lowest Price||$29.97||24th December 2017|
Last price changes
|$32.99||6th May 2018|
|$34.98||2nd May 2018|
|$33.99||17th April 2018|
|$32.99||14th April 2018|
|$51.95||11th April 2018|