Amazon Prime Day 2017 has started. And it will last for 30 hours, starting at 9pm EST on July 10th and will end at 3am EST on July 12th.
To take advantage of the hundreds of thousands of deals on Prime Day, you must be an Amazon Prime member. If you haven’t sign up as one before, you can get a free 30-day trial membership which gives you access to all the deals (sign up link). It costs $99 per year, or £79 in the UK.
Where to find the deals
(New: We are excited to introduce the Prime Exclusive Deals page, where you can find the best of the best deals exclusive for Prime Members.)
Prime Day Deals You Can Get Now
- Prime Pantry – Through July 11, 2017, you can save up to 35% off with coupons on select everyday food and household items in Prime Pantry.
- Audible Gold Membership – Through July 11, 2017, new-to-Audible Prime members can join Audible for only $8.95/mo for the first 6 months, a savings of 40% or $36.
- Wedding Registry – From July 8 to July 11, 2017 (or while supplies last), Prime Members with an existing Amazon wedding registry can enjoy up to 43% off top brands like Delonghi, Black & Decker and OXO. Wedding Registry must be created by July 10, 2017. You will see a discount in the shopping cart after entering the promo code.
- Kindle Unlimited Membership – Through July 11, 2017, you can get 25% off a 6-month Kindle Unlimited membership, 33% off a 12-month Kindle Unlimited membership, or 40% off a 24-month Kindle Unlimited membership.
- Get 4 months of Amazon Music Unlimited for $0.99
Historical Star Buys
Historically, the biggest discounts on Prime Day were on Amazon’s own products:
- Amazon Echo for $89.99 (save $90 or 50%!)
- Amazon Echo Dot (2nd Generation) for $34.99 (save $15 or 30%)
- Amazon Tap – Alexa-Enabled Portable Bluetooth Speaker for $79.99 (save $50 or 38%)
- 55-inch Samsung HDTVs and this All-New Element 55-Inch 4K Ultra HD Smart LED TV – Amazon Fire TV Edition at $399.99 (save $250)
- Amazon’s best-selling tablet – All-New Fire 7 Tablet for $29.99 (save $20 or 40%)
- All-New Fire HD 8 Tablet for $49.99 (save $30 or 38%)
- Kindle Voyage for $149.99 (save $50 or 25%)
- Buy Dash Button for $0.99, down from the usual $4.99, and receive a $4.99 credit after your first press
- AmazonBasics – including batteries, TV wall mounts, and more.
Other Prime Day Deals Not to be Missed (Updated)
- Get $5 off any physical book purchase above $15. Use promo code PRIMEBOOKS17
- 30% off discount for clothing, shoes and more from New Balance, Levi’s, Vince, Merrell, Calvin Klein, PUMA, Adidas etc.
- 40-50% Off Prime Exclusive Clothing for Women, Men, and Kids
- Save up to 30% off on select Google powered products
- Zippo lighters and lighter fluid, starting under $9 with extra 25% off.
- Save up to 40% on select Luxury Beauty products
- The new TP-Link Smart Plug Mini at $34.99 (save $15 or 30%)
- Anker SoundCore Bluetooth Speaker at $35.99 (save $44 or 55%!)
- Furbo Dog Camera, now at an all-time low of $169 (down 32%)
- Cabeau Evolution Memory Foam Travel Pillow at $29.99 (save $10 or 25%)
- Fitbit Flex 2 at $59.95 (save $40 or 40%)
- Sony XB950B1 Extra Bass Wireless Headphones at $98 (save $100 or 51%)
- A 16-pack of soft white Philips LED lightbulbs at $24.97 (Save $14.02 or 36%)
- Save 40% on Keurig K55 Brewer & 40-ct K-cup Variety Pack
- Save 50% on 23andMe DNA Test: Health + Ancestry Genetic Service
- Up to 40% Off Select Furniture, Mattresses, & Area Rugs
- Save big on diamond stud earrings
- Save big on Samsonite spinners
Amazon Prime Day Tips
If you want shopping success on Prime Day, here are some tips:
- Install Amazon’s Free App to get deal notifications when they’re about to begin
- Load up on Amazon Credit – Amazon is already offering a $10 credit the first time you add $100 to your Amazon gift card balance
- Join the Waitlist – When an item sells out, you can click the “Join Waitlist” button on the product page to get notified if more inventory becomes available.
- Hang With Alexa – Access to this year’s deals if you have an Alexa device. Just say “Alexa, what are your deals?” to hear what’s available right now.
- Discover products through the Interesting Finds page (be warned: it’s addicting)
- Be Ready Early – Last year, some deals went live in advance of Prime Day.
- Be Most Alert on Tuesday Morning and Afternoon – Expect many of the best deals to go live on Tuesday, July 11th in the morning and afternoon EST.
- Avoid Gimmicky Sales – Be sure to only consider items you actually need or desire.
- Consider Better Competitor Deals – from the likes of Walmart, Best Buy and eBay.