The adidas miCoach SMART BALL soccer ball helps you improve your dead-kick technique by providing instant feedback on the power, trajectory, spin, and strike accuracy of your kick, along with exclusive tips and guidance to help you get the most from your game. Featuring integrated sensors, the app-enabled miCoach SMART BALL tells you everything you need to know to improve your kick, while maintaining the weight and feel of a regulation size 5 soccer ball.
In fact, the Adidas miCoach Smart Ball is a regulation size 5 32-panel football that’s fitted with an assortment of sensors and a Bluetooth chip, along with wireless charging capability. All data is transmitted to the accompanying mobile app (iOS and Android), which comes with structured tutorials and tests that train players in generating more power, bending free kicks, and launching knuckle balls, among other techniques.
Specifically, it keeps its tracking solely on dead ball kicks, so while it’s great for drills, long passes, and dead-ball plays (penalties, free-kicks, corners, and goal kicks), it isn’t likely to be useful for scrimmages and actual games. And, measurements are also limited to airborne balls — kicks along the ground aren’t going to be monitored. These training results will be saved, allowing players to keep detailed records of their personal progress over time. As with other sports-tracking apps, all results can be shared on social networks.
How does it work?
A sensor package, cleverly suspended and protected in the center of the SMART BALL, analyzes the forces placed on the ball during its flight. Using proprietary algorithms, the data collected is used to determine the speed, spin, foot-strike point, and trajectory of the kick. The ball sends all this information via Bluetooth to the miCoach SMART BALL app on your iOS device, where it also predicts and visualizes the complete path of the ball, even if you kick it against a wall.
Improve your game
The miCoach SMART BALL app provides instant feedback on and analysis of your kicking performance. Watch tutorials to help you master new techniques, challenge yourself to apply power with control, attempt to replicate the kicks of professional football players, and save your best kicks each day.
- Integrated sensor inside the ball detects speed, spin, strike and flight path data and instantly relays kick data to the miCoach app on your smartphone, compatible with iOS 7 and higher and Android 4.3 and higher devices with Bluetooth Smart connectivity.
- Companion app interprets and displays near real-time feedback on power, spin, strike and trajectory, and includes library of ball-mastery videos with drills, coaching tips and guidance to help improve ball touch and handling
- App features: Kick tips and training for power, bend and knuckle balls; Capture video with your kick to help perfect technique; Visualize the path of the ball, even if you kick it against a wall; Prove your ability with power and pro challenges; Track your progress in the Record Book; Challenge your friends and share your best kick results with friends
- Ball feel and reaction is like a normal ball; Size 5 regulation weight, quality thermal bonded 32-panel ball with integrated sensor package; Requires inflation
- Battery life: approximately 2,000 kicks / one week; Charging time: approximately one hour; Package includes charging base and AC power plug
- Heat-welded die-cut TPU outer panels; TPU bladder
What’s in the Box?
- adidas miCoach SMART BALL
- Charger base and AC power plug
- Rechargeable battery
- 2,000 kicks and 1 week of standby
- 1 hour charge time
- Quick-start guide
- Power Source: AC
- Width: Circumference: 27 in./68.6 cm
- Weight: 26 oz./737 g (ball and charger)
- Length: Diameter: 8.66 in./22 cm
|Current Price||$261.34||20th October 2019|
|Highest Price||$599.00||20th September 2019|
|Lowest Price||$238.61||31st May 2019|
Last price changes
|$261.34||19th October 2019|
|$549.00||15th October 2019|
|$267.49||13th October 2019|
|$249.46||11th October 2019|
|$267.49||9th October 2019|